Photographs and specs courtesy of Christopher Ward.
A stylish look is always fashionable.
Back in 2004 the Christopher Ward team came up with the original C3 chronograph after seeing vintage Aston Martin dashboards at the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon. This classic looking sports watch would become an iconic watch for the CW brand.
The Christopher Ward website points out that, In Mark II trim, the new version loses none of the quintessentially English appeal of the original but the new, metal, one-piece optic white dial, which as well as bringing the face a fresh contemporary look, also brings greater clarity and simplicity to the Aston Martin inspired chronograph eyes, giving them even greater prominence.
At Beastie Folly, we feel that the MkII has a much cleaner look due to the one piece face and the lovely optic white colouring. Yes it is a quartz but the price point (currently £215) makes it almost irresistible. The styling is conservative and classy, reminiscent of a Frederique Constant or a Tag and none the worse for that. The 39mm sizing is perfect, not too big, not too small, making this a watch that puts style before fashion, knowing that style never goes out of fashion.
- Swiss made
- Quartz chronograph
- movement 1/10th second split timing function
- Hand finished 316L stainless steel case
- Unique engraved serial number
- Screw-in crown and back plate
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- SuperLuminova hands and indexes
- Matt finish optic white one-piece dial
- Italian leather strap with easy opening butterfly clasp
- Diameter: 39mm
- Height: 10.3mm
- Calibre: Ronda 5040.D
- Case:316L stainless steel
- Water Resistance: 50 metres
- Strap: 18mm black leather
- Dial Colour: Optic white